ss_blog_claim=936775526b6a741f0f8db3779e0f7a27

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Encounter

Saturday, 7/2/11, between 8:00 and 8:30 PM, my neighbor rang the doorbell. I did not know what to expect. I opened the door because I thought it was still light outside and there was nothing to worry about. I can't remember if he gave me his name but he did say he is our neighbor just next door.

I don't really hang out with our neighbors. I talk to them sometimes when they pass by our house and make a short conversation- the hi's and hello's- and that's it. Our nice neighbor next door apparently no longer lives in the house anymore. My husband and I were thinking maybe he rented his house out.

I've never talked to this guy before and there he was standing in front of me by the front door. I could tell in his voice that he was upset. First, he said that his backyard northside area was flooded with water. He said he has two big dogs (which I already know and they bark at us while in our own backyiiard trying to enjoy our day) and made mud mess on his carpet in their house. I said "okay" with confusion. Maybe it is our sprinkler that started the whole thing, he continued. I said "okay???" again. He said that I or my husband should check it and let him know what we find out. I never said anything to him except okay and he left.

Oh, dear. I was a little bit scared. His size was intimidating to tell you honestly. I am petite 5'2" and he is big. That was the first time that I have actually spoken with him face to face since December or January of this year when they moved in in that house.

I went to my backyard and investigated. I could see water on my rocks and fence because the sprinkler obviously had just got done running. Of course, I could hear his dogs running back and forth barking at me from the other side. I could also hear water splashing from the dogs activity. I took a quick look at their backyard through the fence cracks and all I could see was a mess - a big mud puddle. Yikes!!!. It was getting really dark so I could not do anything else. I could not tell if our sprinkler is defective at this point. Also, it rained this afternoon for the first time in a long time so it could be the rain as well. Who knows? Either way, I have to do some investigation and documentation.

I have to note in this post that my neighbors backyard for the most part is all but dirt. They took the landscaping rocks away from the area in question to the flower bed. The yard has no grass or shrubs. There is nothing on the ground to keep it from mud puddles especially when it rains in my opinion.

This post is merely my record of incident with my neighbor. I want to log the activities as early as possible. I hope this situation doesn't get worse. *sigh*

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!



0 comments:

_________________________________________________________ Related Posts with Thumbnails