ss_blog_claim=936775526b6a741f0f8db3779e0f7a27

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Losing Weight After Pregnancy

One morning, I tried to weigh myself. I was just curious about how much pounds I gained overnight. I was 3 months pregnant then. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a different face. My face was chunky. Oh no, I am gaining weight....fast.

I asked my husband if he still loves me. And of course, he always said "yes". I was always worried that I might not loose the baby fat I was gaining. So one night, I asked my husband if we could go to a gym and exercise everyday. He needed to loose weight anyway, he thought, so we decided to register at YMCA.

We started to walk a lot, swim for an hour, and use our favorite machine "eleptical". Of course, I did my exercise like what a pregnant woman should do- 'exercise very carefully'. It was a very nice feeling. It gave me a lot of energy especially at work.

In 7 months, I gained 40 pounds. Well, that was good because that means my baby was growing normally but my face was also chunky.

Labor time was great because the pain only lasted for 4 hours but it was a normal delivery and no epidural. So when I said pain, meaning very painful. There was nothing that I could do because it was very quick and I was too late for an epidural.

Having the baby in my arms erased all the pains and troubles in my mind. I held the most beautiful baby in my world. He was 7 lbs and 11 oz.in weight and 21 inches in height. I did good. I was proud.

When I was 9 months pregnant, I was 160lbs. After six months of breastfeeding, I was 124lbs. I was really wondering. Did the breastfeeding helped me loose weight? or did the exercise while pregnant helped me loose the pounds like a click after the baby was born? I really do not know. Maybe both.




Home Page

0 comments:

_________________________________________________________ Related Posts with Thumbnails