ss_blog_claim=936775526b6a741f0f8db3779e0f7a27

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A monster in a Dentist's Office

It all started from chocolates. Those bars that I ate almost everyday when I was in college, those hersheys milk chocolates that I bring to work for a snack, and those chocolate ice cream for desserts are the evil things that lead me to meet the monster in my dentist's office today.

I had fillings before in the Philippines but unfortunately the dentist there did not do it right. My dentist here found some leaks in them. In the Philippines, we do not have the luxury of going to the dentist twice a year for a maintenance. Over there, we go to the dentist because our teeth hurt with a swollen cheek. And also, we go to a dentist to have a tooth pulled.

Today is my second session for a 9-teeth-with-cavities filling. They had my right side gums numb which was so annoying. The right side of my face near my mouth was numb. I was drooling a lot. When they started the drilling, the need for a wide open mouth for almost 2 hours, the very bright light and the vibration from the machine, I started to realize why kids do not like to go to the dentist. I, myself, a 24-year old woman almost thought a dentist's office is a monster, evil place.

Oh gosh, my teeth are sensitive. I expect it to be like this for a week which is sad.




Home Page

0 comments:

_________________________________________________________ Related Posts with Thumbnails