ss_blog_claim=936775526b6a741f0f8db3779e0f7a27

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our Mailbox

I was never fortunate enough to live in a neighborhood where I had my own mailbox. The town where I grew up in the Philippines don't use mailboxes. The condo I lived in on Maui and the home I live in in Colorado all have what are known as “community” mailboxes. It is really not a box at all, more like a mail slot similar to those that you find in an apartment building or hotel. I am not sure why developers went away from individual mailboxes like these amco mailboxes. The community boxes are so unattractive, and they provide an excuse for the postal worker to shove your mail and any of your neighbor’s mail into a nice convenient slot. I can not tell you how frustrating it is to have to sort the mail for the neighborhood because your slot is the selected slot of the day for the mail carrier.

I really wish I lived in a neighborhood that had individual mailboxes. I really like the appearance of an amco pedestal mailbox. It looks sturdy and durable. It looks a little smaller than some of the more traditional boxes, but it looks easier on the eye and it looks like it would stand up better to the elements than wood and aluminum would. Having it would look really nice at the end of my driveway. Those amco victorian mailboxes look to be a great product.

Alas! It is not to be for me. If you are looking in the market for something a little better looking than your current mailbox, then check out Amco and their selection of pedestal mailboxes.





0 comments:

_________________________________________________________ Related Posts with Thumbnails