ss_blog_claim=936775526b6a741f0f8db3779e0f7a27

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh Credit Cards...

My husband and I really try to live cash only, but there are times, like this recent move where using credit cards has been a necessity. I really hate it when I see my account balance but at this time, there is nothing I can do.

Luckily, we have not had to apply for a credit card recently, although I think I did pick up one from Amazon to get $30 or 10% off my camera. We generally have a card or two that we use for bigger purchases, and do our best to pay off in a month or two; the exception being our Citi credit cards. That one always seems to carry a balance and despite our best efforts, that balance always goes up. We will be on a roll paying it off and then the cars will need brakes or tires, or my husband would put books and tuition on it, or any number of other things. We would lose our discipline a bit and live outside our means.

With my husband moving to Hawaii though, things have really gotten out of hand. We have even put a balance on one of our Chase credit cards that has not carried a balance other than zero in about five years. The credit bureaus and companies must be wondering what the heck is going on. We had done so well over the last several years keeping our credit scores up and our credit balances low.

As much as I do not like to use them, I can see where they really are of value to people. Needless to say though, if you can live on a cash only budget that should be your goal. If you cannot live cash only though, check out credit card reviews before you apply for a credit or charge card. With all the varieties out there I am sure you can find one that suits your needs.







1 comments:

Dining Table Gal said...

Price isn’t the only factor to consider when shopping for an item since you've got to consider the overhead expenses as well. It is best to pay in cash because sometimes using plastic cards can tempt you to buy more than you need. However, cards got their own advantages as well - just make sure that they complement your lifestyle and that spending habits are taken into serious cosiderations.

_________________________________________________________ Related Posts with Thumbnails