ss_blog_claim=936775526b6a741f0f8db3779e0f7a27

Sunday, January 20, 2008

What is a SiteMap?

I was really wondering why webmasters use a sitemap for their website. I actually started to search on how to increase my page rank and end up reading about sitemaps.

What is a sitemap?

A sitemap is a list of pages of your website. It provides additional information about your blog/website to google. This helps google to crawl more of your site and discover the other pages that might not be discovered just by URL. I guess it does not guarantee that you will be on top in Google search but at least with a sitemap, Google will have the ability to go through your pages.

If you have more information about this that I did not mention above, please let me know. I'll be glad to hear and learn from you.





Home Page

1 comments:

Poetryman said...

Peace



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Lost in the clouds with Jupiter transcendent

Lost in the clouds with Mars ascendant.




Love Luck and the music of the Spheres.



Azure in the arms of Cerulean


Cast adrift in the Indigo isles


May Angel love and Moon glow light your path.

_________________________________________________________ Related Posts with Thumbnails